What is a pocket sprung mattress?
- The base of the mattress is a pocket sprung unit which features rows of springs that are individually wrapped in their own fabric pockets.
What are the benefits of a pocket sprung mattress?
- Back support: pocket springs only react to the weight that is applied directly to each one, meaning each part of your body is given just the right support
- Weight distribution: pocket springs avoid the roll together effect where there is a weight disparity between two people sleeping on a double mattress
- Pressure point relief: as each part of your body is given more tailored support pressure points are less likely to occur
What is a coil sprung mattress?
- The structure of this mattress is row upon row of hourglass shaped coil springs connected above and below by a thin wire. What are the benefits of a coil sprung mattress
- Firm support: open coil units are firm and also used for most orthopedic mattresses as they provide excellent support. Good value for money: a coil mattress is a cost effective way of buying a quality mattress due to the low production cost.
What is a memory foam mattress?
- A memory foam mattress usually comes with a layer of memory foam on top of another material base such as a combination of different foams along with a sprung structure. What are the benefits of a memory foam mattress?
- Comfort: memory foam molds to your body shape which means that these mattresses are incredibly comfortable
- Pressure points relief: a memory foam mattress eliminates all pressure points and ensures your spine is correctly aligned while you are sleeping.
- Innovative: most of the memory foam mattresses have a cooling cover which helps to disperse excess body heat, helping to maintain an ambient sleeping environment
- Hypoallergenic: memory foam mattresses are hypoallergenic and anti- microbial because of their denser structure which makes it ideal for allergy sufferers
What is a pocket sprung and memory foam mattress?
- This type of mattress combines memory foam layers with a pocket sprung system to provide with excellent support and with sublime comfort
What are the benefits of a pocket and memory mattress?
- While both of these types of mattress offer you quite similar benefits the main difference is that pocket springs offer better support and memory foam more comfort, although they both do the other very well. Comfort Support Pressure Better weight point No roll together distribution relief Fewer aches and pains Hypoallergenic
What is a latex mattress?
- In most cases, a latex mattress will be made up of layers of latex and other foams. Latex topped mattresses will consist of just one layer of latex and a core made from either pocket springs or memory foam.
What are the benefits of a latex mattress?
- Resilient: latex is naturally biodegradable, highly durable and with a life expectancy of up to 20 years in many cases
- Comfort: latex behaves in much the same way as memory foam due to its open cell structure it moves with your body better
- Back and joints support: latex foam keeps your spine correctly aligned and relieves pressure points
- Hypoallergenic: latex mattresses are naturally hypo-allergenic and dust mite resistant which make them great for those who suffer from allergies